- Jul 12, 2021
- 0 Comment(s)
How to give Beetroot to Babies- Quick Recipes And Health Benefits
Colorful foods are the only tactics that can excite the baby to eat. But a problem that hurdles the nourishing part is nutrition cooked with colors, i.e., an attractive bowl full of health pluses.Well! It is possible because Mummies, You have uncountable options to grab on! that are both nutrient-filled and attractive- looking for the babies. One such magical choice is Beetroot. Beetroot- a purple-pink-colored vegetable power-packed with numerous health benefits for kids. It is a nutrient powerhouse in a nutshell.
In this editorial, you will get versed about:
- What is Beetroot?
- Health Benefits of Beetroot for kids
- Quick Recipes with Beetroot
- To the bottom line
What is Beetroot?
Beetroot is also recognized by many other names like table beet, garden beet, red beet, etc. Beetroot was well-known from the Greek and Roman eras as it was thought to be helpful as a preparation for fevers and blood purification. Beetroot is boiled, grilled, roasted, or cooked like any other vegetable, and it is also added to some salads.
Health Benefits of Beetroot for Kids
Feeding the baby with nutritious vegetables from the initial developing stage is excellent as the body grows more healthily. Beetroot is a root vegetable that is famous for its several health benefits. Some of the health benefits of Beetroot for babies include a remedy for anemia, improved digestion, a cleansing means for the body and an increase in brain activity, and steady development. However, you need to understand that Beetroot is a solid vegetable and should be introduced in small quantities to the baby when he/she starts eating finger foods or solids. Doing so will help the baby’s body be adaptive towards new food types, and also it will help you know about the digestive action/ allergic states.
3 Major Health Benefits of Beetroot for Kids:
- The early developing stage requires an ample amount of nutrition that must be given for growth. Generally, children lack essential vitamins and minerals, which then give birth to serious ailments such as night blindness, rickets, beriberi, diarrhea, etc. Beetroot is rich in vitamins and minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin B complex, vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, etc. These are essential for the body to grow and decrease the risk of the disease, as mentioned above.
- Studies have found that in the growing age, most of the children are found to be anemic. Anemia is caused due to insufficiency of iron in the body. Concerning Beetroot, it is an admirable source of iron for babies. The high iron amount in the body helps create red blood cells, transports oxygen to the various body parts, and has a significant role in brain development in the early months.
- Beetroot for baby constipation- It can work amazingly for promoting digestive activities. Noting that the digestive systems of infants are weak, they need food items that are easily digestible and also promote healthy digestion. It also works as a natural and effective cleanser for the internal organs of the body. Beetroot detoxifies the impurities from the baby’s body. You can give it in a mixture with cucumber/ carrots(just a spoon but later can increase the amount with the growing age).
Quick Recipes with Beetroot for kids
For your worry as- How to give beetroot to babies? Here are quick recipes with beetroot for kids.
Easy-Peasy Beetroot Puree
Peel the beetroots and wash them thoroughly. Cut into small cubes and then boil them in water (you can also steam if you want). Steaming/Boiling will help eliminate nitrates. Drain out from the water and make a puree with the help of a blender or any equipment of your choice. This beetroot puree can be given to 8-10 months old or when you introduce your baby to vegetable purees. Add normal water to adjust the consistency and serve.
Peel and wash 4-5 beetroots in running water. Cut them into circular slices or finger shapes as you like. In a baking tray, brush 2-3 drops of olive oil and place the beet slices and sprinkle salt on them. Bake them at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. The roasted beetroot slices are ready to serve and fill the little tummy.
Beetroot and Pomegranate Juice
Take some peeled and evenly cut beetroots and steam them until tender. In a blender, add softened beetroot pieces and pomegranate seeds. Blend them well and take out the mixture in a bowl for sieving. Serve this yummy beetroot and pomegranate juice to your little one.
Take Home A Message
Aren’t these beetroot recipes for babies easy and quick. We’re sure that your munchkin will love each time you serve anything from this menu.
An Important tip- Mummies! It is essential to introduce new vegetables and fruits to the toddlers with fusion recipes. However, wait for the baby’s body to respond and monitor the digestive actions and allergic reactions. Some vegetables or fruits may not suit the little one, and his/her body will repel it. Take a pause if you see any such sign.