“Happiness is homemade”- And of course, your baby's happiness is what you give to the little one. It is such a heartwarming moment when your teeny – weeny chews food with cute lil' pink gums. But, with the growing age, your tot’s sweet tantrums to- not eat food would blow you out sometimes.
Hello Mothers, here you will obtain the nitty-gritty of-:
- Food Menu for 1-2 year old
- How much to allow eating a child with Frequency of a child breastfeeding
Filling up the little tummy is a back-breaking task at times. Being a mother, you always have to be careful about what your child is eating, how much your child is eating, and especially at what intervals the child is eating, i.e., the food timetable.
A 1-2-year-old baby learns to eat food on his own just like you. But it is a matter to watch closely; whatever your baby is eating is healthy and perfectly nutrition balanced.
For a 1-2 year-old baby, solid food provides the primary source of nutrition and energy: including healthy snacks.
What all your little munchkin can have on the food menu?
- A budding child loves eating food of different textures and flavors- so you can offer your tiny tot meals that have a portion of animal foods (eggs, meat, fish), dairy products (Cottage cheese, milk, cheese, curd), legumes (lentils, peas, and chickpeas) and of course fruits and vegetables. This all concludes with a perfect diet chart that your baby can have other than breastfeeding.
- You can offer your baby three-quarters of meals each day, with additional at least two times of healthy snacking. But, remember; don't force the sprog to stuff anything in the mouth. Feed when your kiddo is hungry or at the correct timing.
- BREAKFAST: You can either prepare a good nutritious bowl half-consisting of small cut pieces of berries, with half cup filled with oatmeal. Or else, a good fruit smoothie will go well, containing banana or avocado.
- LUNCH: Prepare some boiled vegetables like carrots; broccoli with lentil soup will be a good to go meal. Or just some roasted chicken, sliced cheese and a fruit salad will also be a good option.
- SNACKS: Kids love to enjoy their snack times, and for them their snack meals have to worth the wait. For this, you make fruit popsicles (small cut fruits frozen in a Popsicle mold), vegetable puree with some added flavors of cardamom, etc. (sweet carrots boiled and mashed: sprinkled with a pinch of cardamom).
- DINNER: Give some stir fried vegetables with chicken slices, vegetable soup with omelet and cheese slices or some pieces of stir-fried cottage cheese/tofu.
How often to feed with breast milk other than meals?
A baby needs utmost care and love while having the meals. And being a loving mother, you just adore the tiny one- learning to eat food, if your munchkin is slow too! Isn’t it? And for the part of breastfeeding, allow your baby to do so, as he/she wants until 2.
Breast milk is nutritious for the little sprog & gives strength to babies in fighting against various diseases. The budding sapling needs some more nourishment which comes from a balanced diet that changes with the growing age.
Which food type to avoid and include-:
Avoid feeding your tiny tot with artificially flavored foods or factory-made eatables. Soft-drinks, junk foods, cookies, chips, soda, and sweet candies can spoil the little one’s healthy eating habits and, of course, can take up enough space in your child's little tummy accompanied by many stomach infections.
Always Remember! to follow a pre-planned food timetable in your child’s daily eating routine according to the likes-dislikes and appetite. However, including these food items is necessary:
- Dairy Products
- Animal foods
- Fruits& Vegetables
- Lentils and peas
Accept your child's eating habits. Don't force your sweetie to have something which he/she doesn't like. Instead, infuse new dishes or a meal that has a unique flavor or some unusual taste. Also, skipping a meal once in a while is okay, but if the child repeats this and makes it a habit, it is important to consult a pediatrician.
Even, you can offer your tiny tot different kind of food & beverages, such as - roasted, boiled, smoothies, fruit pulp, soups, sautéed vegetables, and whole cut fruits too! It makes the child get excited to have the meals. Moreover, you can make your tot familiar with color & shape recognition as well.
A baby is as fresh as a blooming flower. Nurture the little one with utmost care and love so that he/she can be healthy physically and mentally.
A mother is the first teacher of a child! And it would be best if you always correct your child on how to eat correctly, making sure most of the food goes into the sprog’s mouth. Give your child lots of love & encouragement to make the tiny one learn how to eat. You can sit in front of your loved teeny weeny and mimic eating techniques: And there, your child enjoys happy meal sessions.
To the bottom line: Understand what your baby needs from you. From what little one is eating to each minute activity your munchkin does, requires your kind attention and loving guidance, which will nurture the tiny tot for life.